lexvoco is now part of LOD. Read more
LondonApply for this role
LOD is an original New Law pioneer. We’ve transformed the way in which lawyers, consultants, legal and commercial teams work, and we’re one of the largest and fastest growing flexible legal services businesses globally, continuing to lead the market we’ve created.
Job title: Recruitment Manager
Company: LOD (Lawyers On Demand)
Location: London Bridge
Commitment: Full time
Overall Role: To support the LOD business by providing the best possible service to prospective new joiners to HQ throughout the recruitment process.
At LOD we’re changing how the legal industry works. The original ‘New Law’ business, the Financial Times described us as ‘sending shockwaves through the legal industry’ when we launched.
And now, we’re looking for someone who’ll join our recruitment team and shape LODs internal HQ and lawyer team for the future. As a key member of the lawyer engagement team, you’ll have plenty of support and guidance in finding and recruiting the best possible talent for LOD. But, will need to work autonomously to get things done.
You’ll have experience and a strong interest in working with people, using a high degree of emotional intelligence, you’ll listen and truly understand their motivations and interests of candidates and lawyers.
You’ll take ownership for:
• Screening: Taking a lead in speaking with internal candidates and lawyers who want to find out about or join LOD. Selecting the best people for our short and long-term needs, while responsibly managing the expectations. Managing recruitment agency relationships.
• Application processing: Working with the team to ensure applications are processed quickly and efficiently while maintaining the highest standards when dealing with potential joiners.
• Managing talent pools: Proactively managing existing talent pools and working with HQ and the recruitment and engagement management teams so we have a strong understanding of the experience, availability and fit for live assignments. You’ll also play a key role in keeping teams across the business up to date on who we have available. And communicating with lawyers on opportunities they’re being considered for.
• Market research: Monitoring the flexible legal services market using online tools like LinkedIn. Also building pipelines of prospective candidates and future needs.
• Sourcing: Engaging with suitable candidates listed in online databases about joining for anticipated or existing live assignment instructions. Writing and posting adverts to attract the best talent.
• Strategic projects: Supporting strategic recruitment projects such as new services, marketing campaigns, and events.
• Administration: Support the recruitment team with any administration duties as required, as well as making sure lawyer and new joiners to HQ onboarding paperwork in carried out in a timely manner. Diary management of all interviews for the relevant hiring managers.
• The ability to make an impact through taking ownership, good organisational skills and using initiative with a focus on the end result.
• Authentic and clear communication skills, emotional intelligence and the ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
• A curious personality and open mind to thrive, learn and engage in an entrepreneurial team and to find solutions to difficult problems.
Your skills and qualifications
• Be educated to at least degree level or equivalent experience in a similar role
• Have the ability to quickly gain credibility and respect from highly qualified professionals
• Ideally have some understanding of the legal or other professional services sector
• Be experienced in engaging with technology, the Internet and social media in a business context
• Strong team player with a sense of ownership and initiative to drive things forward
• Be creative and open-minded yet not afraid of using data and processes
What is LOD?
We’re one of the world’s largest and fastest growing flexible legal services businesses with 10 offices and over 600 people worldwide. We help in-house legal teams and law firms work in a more efficient and cost-effective way so they can get more done.
Working in our HQ team
Our HQ team is at the core of what we do – shaping how things are changing in the legal industry. Every member of our team has a direct effect on how our lawyers and clients work with us, making sure we maintain our spirit and excitement as an entrepreneurial growth business.
Our HQ team members come from varied backgrounds but we want them all to enjoy their work while collaborating with talented people on a shared mission.
If you think you’d like to be part of that, we’d love to hear from you!