lexvoco is now part of LOD. Read more
LondonApply for this role
LOD is an original New Law pioneer. We’ve transformed the way in which lawyers, consultants, legal and commercial teams work, and we’re one of the largest and fastest growing flexible legal services businesses globally, continuing to lead the market we’ve created.
Job title: Engagement Advisor/Manager – part of the LOD lawyer engagement team
Company: LOD (Lawyers On Demand)
Location: London Bridge
At LOD we’re changing how the legal industry works. The original ‘New Law’ business, the Financial Times described us as ‘sending shockwaves through the legal industry’ when we launched. And now, we’re looking for someone who’ll go the extra mile in helping to shape LODs lawyer team for the future.
A key role for our business, you’ll be matching our lawyers to the right opportunities – while maintaining the best possible experience for both lawyers and clients.
You’ll have demonstrable experience and interest in working with people, meeting lawyers at the start of their LOD journey and giving them the best possible insight into what LOD can offer. Using a high degree of emotional intelligence, you’ll listen and truly understand their motivation and interests before matching them to the right client opportunity when it comes in.
As part of a team of four (and a wider lawyer engagement team of eight) you’ll have plenty of support and guidance but will need to work autonomously to get things done.
In your day to day you’ll take ownership for:
• Matching our lawyers to the right client assignment opportunities
• Quickly building strong relationships with all lawyers to successfully match them to the right client opportunities.
• Playing a key role in drafting bespoke client proposals to give the lawyer the best possible chance of success.
• Working smart to deliver client proposals as quickly and efficiently as possible in a fast-paced environment while ensuring a high-quality output.
• Being creative and going the extra mile to find the right lawyers outside of our core pool for clients with more specialist needs.
Recruiting new LOD lawyers
• Acting as an LOD ambassador in speaking and meeting with new joiners to the team – assessing their experience and fit for LOD, and our clients’ opportunities.
• Developing a deep knowledge of their technical legal experience and sector backgrounds.
• Helping to drive our recruitment and resourcing strategy based on the lawyers and client opportunities we have at any one time.
• Well organised with an eye for detail.
• Adds personality, to clear communications that display emotional intelligence.
• Listens to stakeholders, effectively anticipating concerns and building long term, mutually beneficial relationships.
• Gets the bigger picture, taking ownership of solving the root cause of a problem
• Asks the question ‘Can this be done differently?’
• A genuine interest in the changing legal market and in ensuring that our LOD lawyers and clients receive the best possible experience throughout their dealings with us.
Your skills and qualifications
• A graduate with a high degree of emotional intelligence to assess the right personality fit for both lawyers and clients.
• Consultative in approach, quickly gaining credibility and respect from highly qualified professionals.
• Creative and open-minded in finding a solution that works.
• Strong communicator that offers stakeholders the best possible service at all times.
What is LOD?
We are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing flexible legal services businesses with 10 offices and over 600 people worldwide. We help in-house legal teams and law firms work in a more efficient and cost-effective way so they can get more done.
Working in our HQ team
Our HQ team is at the core of what we do – shaping how things are changing in the legal industry. Every member of our team has a direct effect on how our lawyers and clients work with us, making sure we maintain our spirit and excitement as an entrepreneurial growth business.
Our HQ team members come from varied backgrounds but we want them all to enjoy their work while collaborating with talented people on a shared mission.
If you think you’d like to be part of that, we’d love to hear from you!