lexvoco is now part of LOD. Read more
LondonApply for this role
LOD is an original New Law pioneer. We’ve transformed the way in which lawyers, consultants, legal and commercial teams work, and we’re one of the largest and fastest growing flexible legal services businesses globally, continuing to lead the market we’ve created.
Job title: Client Solutions Manager
Company: LOD (Lawyers On Demand)
Location: London Bridge
Start Date: Asap
Commitment: Full time (flexible working patterns considered)
LOD is on a major growth curve as we expand our client base, our geographies and the scope of our services. We’re looking to maintain this positive momentum by adding to our Client Solutions team, which is responsible for winning and growing LOD’s client relationships.
We are looking for a highly credible client relationship manager to develop and grow our relationships with existing strategic clients. You will work closely with the Head of Client Solutions to design account plans for a segment of client accounts and you will have primary responsibility for delivering against these. To succeed, you will be someone who enjoys nurturing relationships with General Counsel and Heads of Legal in some of the world’s largest companies. You will have a strategic mind and be able to identify and execute opportunities for future growth. You will also have a passion for delivering a superior client experience and ensuring the client’s voice is at the heart of future service development. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who is looking for a genuinely client facing role in the legal sector and the flexibility to use their full client development and sales skillset to make a personal impact in an ambitious company.
– Full account management responsibility for 5-10 strategic clients.
– Create focused account plans for each client and collaborate with team to execute these.
– Identify and pursue opportunities to generate additional profitable revenue streams.
– Lead all relationship and sales meetings with your clients, up to GC/Head of Legal level.
– Work closely with clients to problem solve their needs and design bespoke solutions.
– Manage negotiations on commercial terms.
– Partner with the marketing team to design and deliver compelling business development and client engagement campaigns.
– Collaborate effectively with LOD’s Lawyer Care & Development team to ensure all client engagements are proactively managed.
– Collaborate effectively with LOD’s Lawyer Recruitment & Engagement teams to convert sales opportunities.
– Design and execute creative approaches to strategic pitch opportunities and formal tenders.
– Provide regular reporting on account performance to communicate progress with UK executive team.
– Take an active role in LOD’s client listening/feedback programme – to help inform the development and delivery of LOD services.
– Work with global colleagues to identify how to expand client relationships into new territories.
These are the things that we look for in the whole team working at LOD HQ:
– The ability to make an impact through taking ownership, good organisational skills and using initiative with a focus on the end result.
– Authentic and clear communication skills, emotional intelligence and the ability to build positive relationships both internally and externally.
– An ability to make wise decisions, seeing the big picture and root causes without losing your eye for detail.
– A curious personality and open mind to thrive, learn and engage in an entrepreneurial team and to find solutions to difficult problems.
– A genuine interest in the changing legal market and in ensuring that our LOD lawyers and clients receive the best possible experience throughout their dealings with us.
– A wish to develop long term relationships with lawyers and clients, taking the time to do so.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
In addition to the general attributes noted above, our ideal candidate for this role will also:
– Be highly commercial, with at least 5 years’ experience in B2B account management/CRM roles.
– Have a track record of growing client revenues and profitability.
– Be able to build trust and rapport quickly with Heads of Legal, General Counsel and their teams.
– Be able to problem solve and think analytically, in order to tailor LOD’s services to client needs.
– Have high impact communication, presentation and pitching skills.
– Be motivated by improvement and inspire and support colleagues to deliver a superior client experience.
– Enjoy working with sales data and communicating sector progress at management level.
– Have existing knowledge of the alternative legal sector or a drive to immerse yourself in this industry.
– Be educated to degree level.
Over the past decade, we’ve transformed the way in which lawyers, consultants and legal teams work. Today, we’re one of the largest and fastest growing flexible legal services businesses, continuing to lead the market we created and completing hundreds of assignments with the world’s leading businesses and law firms.
Winning numerous awards along the way, LOD is continually recognised for creating different and better ways of working for both lawyers and legal teams.
The merger between LOD and AdventBalance in Asia and Australia has created a NewLaw business with global scale; nine offices, 600 lawyers, and more than 500 corporate and law firm clients. It has been described as “one of the most significant deals in years in the legal services sector” (American Lawyer).
Work at LOD
LOD has the spirit and excitement of an entrepreneurial growth business. LOD’s HQ team is at the core – they are the people that look after our lawyers and clients work to build the LOD business. So, working in the HQ team offers you a chance to shape how things are changing in the legal industry. What you do will have a direct effect on how our lawyers and clients work with us.
Ideals at LOD
This may seem a rather lofty topic but we see on a daily basis that giving people the chance to work differently can have a positive impact on the world. We run LOD with that in mind for our lawyers and for our clients. It’s also crucial for our employees in the HQ team – each employee has a chance to truly engage and to make a difference in what they do.
You at LOD?
Our HQ team members come from varied backgrounds but we want them all to enjoy their work while collaborating with talented people on a shared mission. If you think you would like to be part of that, we’d love to hear from you. By joining us, you can not only be part of a high growth business, but you can also influence the transformation in the legal sector.