Lawyers On Demand (LOD)
LOD is business providing flexible legal services. In the light of the differences in the regulation of legal services and legal resourcing in the jurisdictions where LOD has offices, there are differences in the way LOD operates in each office.
LOD operates through the following entities:
– Lawyers On Demand Limited (registered number 8002546).
– Registered office at St Magnus House, 3 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6HE, UK.
– Lawyers On Demand Limited is a legal resourcing business and not regulated to provide legal services.
– Lawyers On Demand (Singapore) Pte Ltd (registered number 201104752Z).
– Registered office at 17A Boon Tat Street, Singapore 069618.
– LOD Consulting (Singapore) Pte Ltd (registered number 201025073D).
– Registered office at 17A Boon Tat Street, Singapore 069618.
– Lawyers On Demand (Singapore) Pte Ltd is a licensed foreign law practice in Singapore. It is not under common ownership of the LOD Group.
– LOD Consulting (Singapore) Pte Ltd is a consulting business and neither LOD Consulting (Singapore) Pte Ltd nor its consultants provide legal advice in Singapore or elsewhere.
– LOD Consulting (Hong Kong) Limited (registered number 1880533).
– Registered office at Level 19, Silver Fortune Plaza, 1 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong.
– LOD Consulting (Hong Kong) Limited is a consulting business and neither LOD Consulting (Hong Kong) Limited nor its consultants provide legal advice in Hong Kong or elsewhere.
– LOD Australia (ACN 134 434 370).
– Registered office at Level 3, 18-20 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia.
– LOD (WA) Pty Ltd (ACN 127 063 781).
– Registered office at Suite 14 Level 2 , 22 Railway Road , Subiaco WA 6008, Australia.
– Lawyers On Demand Australia Pty Ltd is a registered incorporated legal practice in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland.
– Lawyers On Demand (WA) Pty Ltd is a registered incorporated legal practice in Western Australia.
– Lawyers On Demand HR Consulting (Middle East) Limited (DIFC Commercial License 2624).
– Registered office at Unit 29, Level 3, GV10, Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
– Lawyers On Demand HR Consulting (Middle East) Limited is a DIFC registered consulting business and is not licensed as a law firm, legal consultancy or advocacy firm in the Emirate of Dubai.
– LOD Lawyers On Demand (Deutschland) GmbH.
– Registered office: c/o Berwin Leighton Paisner (Germany) LLP, Potsdamer Platz 8, 10117 Berlin; postal address Nymphenburger Straße 213, 80639 München.
– LOD Lawyers on Demand (Deutschland) GmbH (Germany) is not a law firm and does not provide legal services.
LOD lawyers practising in the UK as England and Wales solicitors are freelance lawyers individually regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, whose rules can be obtained from www.sra.org.uk/handbook. LOD lawyers practising other than as England and Wales solicitors in the UK are individually regulated by the relevant professional body in their place of admission (for details, please contact LOD).
LOD lawyers practising in Singapore are seconded to clients as foreign legal counsel and are strictly prohibited from practising or advising on Singapore law. LOD consultants in Singapore do not provide legal advice.
LOD consultants in Hong Kong do not provide legal advice.
LOD lawyers practising in Australia are seconded to clients as Australian lawyers holding current practicing certificates granted under the law of an Australian State or Territory. LOD consultants in Australia do not provide legal advice.
Use of this website
This website is owned by LOD. It is protected by copyright and database right. No form of distribution or making available to the public (whether in print or electronic form) of any of this website’s content is allowed without our prior written consent. The website provides general information and examples only – please speak to LOD before deciding how best to resource your legal needs.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Your use of this website will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of England and Wales. If you have any queries with regard to this website please contact us at email@example.com.
We may collect and process personal data or personal information (“personal data”) obtained via this website for the purposes of providing you with our services and dealing with your enquiries and requests. If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence (in whatever form) in order to be able to deal with any follow up correspondence effectively.
LOD may also obtain data from you by way of details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to location data, traffic data and usage of a desktop or tablet device. This information generally will not contain personal data but will be metadata (please see section on cookies below for further details).
Personal data that we process is information that is reasonably necessary for the proper performance of our functions and activities as a legal resourcing business, which include sourcing and engaging lawyers and consultants, providing resourcing services to clients, organising events and conducting research and analysis related to the legal resourcing industry. Common examples of personal data that we collect and hold includes name, contact information and your current and previous employment history.
When you provide data about yourself to us (including submitting your CV or LinkedIn profile), you are deemed to have consented to our collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data for the purposes set out in this policy.
You are not required to provide us with your personal data, or your real name. However, if you do not choose to provide us with your personal data or identity, we may not be able to assist you, employ you or provide you with our services.
Use of personal information
We process personal information collected via this website on the basis of legitimate interests in operating our legal resourcing business. It is for the purposes of
– dealing with your enquiries and requests
– maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource
– providing you with information about products and services
– inviting you to LOD organised events
– recruitment, whether as an employee or contractor
We may also advise you of relevant news and industry updates, events and other information, products or services of ours that we think may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time. You may also object to the processing of your personal data for this purpose by contacting LOD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only disclose personal information to other companies within the LOD group, government bodies, regulatory authorities, law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business, our professional advisors and auditors and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf. A full list of these suppliers for our EU operations can be found here. This may entail transferring personal information outside the country where you are located.
We place great importance on the security of all the personal data we collect. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. All the personal data you provide to us is stored on secure servers which are password protected.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing this website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com, marking it for the attention of “Privacy Officer”.
At all times, you have the right to report a concern or lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please refer to the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling them on 0303 123 1113. Of course, we hope that we can resolve your issue quickly and fairly ourselves.
This privacy notice was last updated on 24 May 2018 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us. We may change this privacy notice from time to time by amending this page.